Monday, October 7, 2024


  An Immense World covers human beings, spiders, octopi, ants, snakes--just about all life you can imagine, but I'm not sure that it covers the sentient beings in factory farms.  Today I plan to go to West Portal and find the print book.  I've been reading with my ears.  

If he doesn't consider factory farmed animals, is that because we've normalized thinking of them only as meat, eggs, and dairy?  Does he not want to study caged animals because he's interested in what's natural and knows that caged animals and animals otherwise used as food can't follow their instincts?

Tonight I was listening to the chapter on pain.  It appears that regardless of how animals behave or react, there will always be people who say they can't feel pain--not the way that we human beings do.  I'm afraid there are still people who think that some human beings don't feel pain the way we do, that they don't value life, their lives don't mean as much as ours do.



No comments:

Post a Comment