Monday, July 29, 2024



When OWL announced our choice of dishes a couple of weeks ago, I spoke up, saying that nothing was vegan, and I was assured that there would be a vegan option after all.  The server in charge took this very much to heart, but I didn't see signs that they were prepared.  I asked about getting olive oil for the bread, and I wasn't the only one who dipped into that instead of choosing a pad of butter.  I liked their vegetable soup too.  The vegetable stew they gave me was nourishing, and as I told them in a thank you note, I appreciated their including pistachio nuts for extra protein.  Then the dessert came--cake with a dollop of whipped cream.  I heard the server whisper "Shit!" when I told him it wasn't vegan, and he quickly returned to the kitchen and took off the whipped cream, apparently not knowing that eggs and milk weren't vegan either.  These are people who've turned their lives around, so I want to encourage them and have been in touch with Carol Fregly, who has taught English at Delancey for ten years and is also vegan!  I want them to know that I've turned my life around too. I no longer eat animals or animals products.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment