Sunday, October 7, 2018

Mothers Out Front Omits Diet

There was a very pleasant gathering of SF's small group of Mothers Out Front and kids in Precita Park today, Sunday, October 7.

There were several dishes that were, perhaps accidentally, plant-based, and I understood that the cake was not.  What shocked me was that on the list of 'What Should Mothers Out Front SF Tackle Next?"
there was no mention of eating for the climate!

I think there may even be a resistance! 

Look at this:

I gave our two leaders Kathie Piccagli and her daughter Maia a copy of Nil Zacharias' book Eat for the Planet, and after talking to Anya Deepak of Women's Environmental Network and SF Department of the Environment, I thought she was the perfect one to get the third copy.  She told me that the city workers were advised not to vote meat and to go easy on the cheese, but they weren't really willing to follow this directive.  Experts in the field were brought in to educate them, and they became a bit more convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment