Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Donating on Giving Tuesday--to Environmental Groups that Mention a Plant-Based Diet

I really like the women in Mothers Out Front, but I was compelled to respond to their plea for donations by declining with this explanation:

Hi!  I'm donating to environmental groups that  mention the importance of our diets in the scheme of things.  I'm afraid Mothers Out Front is too timid about this and may even consider it a form of "fanaticism."

I really like the group, but I'm disappointed that you continue to ignore this.

I will donate, however, to WEN, and I make automatic payments to other environmental groups.

I hope you'll understand my frustration and not just be put off by it.

Do you have any idea when Green Movie Night will be re-scheduled?  I'd really like to attend that!

I hope to see you soon--maybe sooner than you hope to see me!


Tina


I then contacted WEN, Women's Environmental Network, and left this message:

I'm looking forward to the next Green Movie Night.  The one I was planning to attend was cancelled because of toxic air, and I hoped that would be only a postponement.  In the meantime, I'm making donations to environmental groups that mention the importance of a plant-based diet in our effort to combat climate warming.  Could you tell me what information you have put forth on this aspect of sustainability?  

No comments:

Post a Comment