Friday, August 16, 2019

An Open Letter to Justin Phillips on Supporting Black-Owned Restaurants

Here's a letter I got off  just now (8:05 am Friday, August 16, 2019) to Justin Phillips, whose new column in the SF Chronicle has held my interest.  Today's column was on the need for more diners in black-owned restaurants.


Dear Mr. Phillips,

I would really like to support black-owned restaurants, and I'd really like black-owned restaurants to support the plant-based revolution so important at this time of climate change.  

When I was in New York City, I ate at Seasoned Vegan in Harlem.  I've also read the book Sistah Vegan:  Black Female Vegans Speak on Food, Identity, Health, and Society.  I think it's notable that the chef-in-residence at MOAD, Bryant Terry, is vegan and has written a vegan cookbook.

Could you write articles on supporting both black-owned restaurants and the planet?

Your faithful (and vegan) reader,

Tina Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment