Thursday, December 5, 2019

Suggesting a Vegan 49-mile Route or 17-mile Crosstown Trail

Here's my letter to Rachel Shippee of the Factory Farm Awareness Coalition, which is having an annual gala dinner this Saturday.

Dear Rachel,

A lot was going on the day I responded to your message about Saturday's gala dinner.  But now I want to thank you for noticing that my effort to reserve two dinners hadn't "taken."  You saved me a lot of last-minute embarrassment.

I'm sure you're really busy right now, but for future reference I also wanted to mention something about the 49-Mile Scenic Route Heather Knight and Peter Harlaub have been promoting in the SF Chronicle.  I love their idea of walking (biking, etc) rather than driving this route, and I like the changes in the choice of paths too.  But it made me cross my eyes when I saw where they were suggesting that we stop to eat--a burger place.  Beef, of course, is the very worst thing for the environment, and part of their avoiding driving was the emissions.

I would love to help create a vegan route through the city.  Have you all thought about that?

Tuesday I walked the first section of the Crosstown Trail, and I didn't notice any vegan places along the route.  

See you Saturday!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment