Saturday, March 18, 2023

 I'm coming in after a long absence, but I've continued to enjoy vegan treats!  Here's what I had for my Day-after-Oscar gathering:






See the abundance of  plant-based dishes that can be made even for something as specific as food from Oscar nominated Movies?  When I invited my film-fan friends (good f-words), I told them I'd make some dishes related to the Oscar-nominated movies, and they'd all be plant-based since animal welfare and the environment are two pet causes for Joaquin Phoenix, Jessica Chastain, and others. I added parenthetically and sardonically, "We must always follow Hollywood's sterling example."  I thought it would be fun figuring out how to represent "The Whale's" over-consumption of just about everything!
Here's how it turned out!  (Two couples contributed to the food; most guests brought wine!)




No comments:

Post a Comment