Wednesday, July 26, 2023

 

I went to a lovely luncheon this past Sunday and brought two dishes--a vegan quiche and lemon cake.  The hostess very kindly provided two delicious salads (and even used vegan mayonnaise) as well as the not-vegan cheese and not-vegan croissants.  It was all very lovely.  

I noticed that one person, hearing that that I'd made the quiche and knowing that I'm vegan, served herself a miniscule portion of it.  But others seemed to like both of the dishes I made as well as what the hostess had prepared.

We all asked for her recipe for her cabbage salad, and she sent us the non-vegan mayonnaise version.

It saddens me to know that some people think a vegan diet is for vegans.  I wish they understood that it's for all animals (including human ones) and for the planet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment