Sunday, August 27, 2023

 I haven't yet tried the plant-based fish fillets I bought at Trader Joe's this morning, so this post may be more of vegan dilemma than vegan bliss.  I'm sort of in charge of planning the birthday lunch for a birthday group, and the person we're honoring (a wonderful guy) suggested dim sum at the Hong Kong Lounge on Geary Street.  I know it will be heavily meat, seafood, and eggy, which is unfortunate since there are restaurants that specialize in vegan dim sum.  But I don't think I have the "right" to choose a vegan place when no one has asked me to.  A few months ago, a member of our group did suggest that I choose the restaurant for her birthday because we so often eat at places with not many options for me.    That's when we ate at Wildseed.  Here's a montage of photos of what everyone could eat there followed by the 12-course Lunar New Year dinner the SF Veg Society had at Enjoy this year.  






Just to show how little some parts of  the world have evolved, I noticed in today's Food Section of the SF Chronicle (which reports regularly on climate catastrophe) these two headlines:  “a rare registered Jamon carver" and “Hot pot spot serves meat on a Ferris wheel.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment