Sunday, April 21, 2024

At a gathering at Ofena to hear more about Daniel Lurie as a candidate for SF Mayor, I saw some hors d'oeuvres with dead animals and some that looked vegetarian and asked, "Is there anything that's plant-based?"  The server/caterer said she would see, and she did.  She told me the chef would make something for me.  I had plenty of food at home, but I don't think of plant-based as being for vegans.  I think of it as being for the planet and for animal welfare.  I also think what's served at events--including political ones--indicates awareness and values. One person at the gathering showed concern for public transit, but judging from the questions of most people, the dishes served were just what you'd expect.  

So I had my own plate, pictured here--quite pretty and delicious.  But I really didn't want it to be just for me.  Afterwards I thanked the chefs--Tim and Paul-- for making something "good for the planet and good for animal welfares."  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment