Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Vegan Products, One through the Mail

Just got back from treating two friends to lunch at Greens, where Javier, Sandy, Paula, and I had two delicious vegan desserts (after lunch, which was mostly vegan).

But what I came in to share are two vegan products farily new to me.

The Original Sausage "just add polka" is what I used for sauerkraut at my post-Oscar Monday party, and it was good!  I didn't see it at Trader Joe's this last visit, but I did find it at Lucky!

The other is Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, which I got through Amazon and haven't tried yet.

I have tried Net Egg for the Tortilla de patatas, and it tasted fine but I didn't like the visibility of it--sort of coagulated.  I've tried only the Neat Egg, and it held things together, but I didn't like the consistency of it--the way it looked, sort of coagulated gray.  But maybe that's because I used aquafaba instead of water with the egg--not their recommendation.

I plan to continue to experiment with tortilla de patatas.   I know the Neat Egg says the contents are just garbanzo beans and flax seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment