Thursday, March 8, 2018

Vegan Snack Food for an Organization that's Progressive in Other Ways

I'm packing up to take this food to a CARA meeting because I'm responsible for snacks every otehr month.

I know this doesn't look pretty, and I hope it will later, when I take the food out of the re-used plastic bag.

I'm going to use the Farm Fresh to You Romaine lettuce to put the sandwiches on.  The sandwiches are from Tree Line French style nut cheeses as well as from Trader Joe's cream cheese and humus--both plain and red pepper. 

I baked the chocolate chip cookies, all vegan. 

I bought the seedless mandarins, which people seemed to like last time.  (I'm not sure they were all even willing to try the chocolate chip cookies even though I didn't identify them as vegan.  Wouldn't it be funny if they, like me, assume there's dairy and eggs in every cookie?) 

I'm donating the flat fortune cookies, and there were leftover crackers from last time. 

I also am bringing again an item that some seemed to like last time:  self-contained fruit and nuts (figs and walnuts) from Trader Joe's and organic Turkish dried figs. 

I hope they'll like these items.  We'll see!  (The Froot Loops that represented both "Get Out" and "Three Billboards" aren't among those things I'm hoping or expecting them to like!)

No comments:

Post a Comment