Saturday, July 7, 2018

After Taking the Survey Provided by AcuMeal

Here's the letter I wrote to this group of very smart, young vegans behind the start-up AcuMeal.

Hello, again!

I finally had the chance to take your survey, and I just want to explain some of the answers:

How many hours I sleep:  I have what is called segmented sleep, and as I say, I like it.  If you're not familiar with that way of sleeping, I can send you some links on it.  But because of this way of sleeping, I can't really say what time I wake up or go to sleep because I do it more than once a day or night.  (I first heard about this in 1971 from someone who was first in his class in Denmark.)




"If you work out, what do you do the most?"

I'm not sure that my rate of walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes at 4.5 miles per hour every other day is really enough for me to say "Cardio," but I don't know what else a treadmill would be.

I also work with 6 weight machines, but I'm not sure that's really "weight training."

"What are your goals with/in your diet?"

My goal is not to contribute to animal suffering and environmental degradation that comes with dairy, eggs, and meat production.  Losing weight is not my goal, but it couldn't hurt.

For preferred cuisine, I chose Indian, Ethiopian, and Thai, but it really depends.  Did you know that the Shizen Restaurant in SF was voted Best Japanese Restaurant in 2016, and it's VEGAN?  I like vegan Japanese restaurants like Shizen and Cha-ya, but I wouldn't say that generally Japanese is my favorite cuisine.  

This may be more than you want or need to know, but I just wanted to give you an idea of what some (weird?) people might need to tell you beyond your form.

Thank you!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment