Friday, July 6, 2018

Wonderful People Who Invite but Don't Include

What would you do if you were invited to an anniversary  luncheon for two people you love, and you see in advance that the menu has no vegan options?


The friends who invited you have shown you the menu and asked for comments.

What should you say?

"I notice that the menu doesn't have anything vegans can eat.  Should I and any other vegans you know plan to come to the gathering after lunch?  That way we could still honor one of our favorite couples!"

OR

"What a shame that this restaurant doesn't offer anything that vegans can eat.  Do you think they could add vegan options, or should vegans plan to arrive after the lunch is over?"


The only other option is to sit there and not eat a thing, but I don't think it would be right to bring this up after we're seated.

I don't think we should call the restaurant directly, but I would like to know how a restaurant can be so far behind the times.  I imagine that they have vegan options but haven't been advised to make them available.


No comments:

Post a Comment