Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Open Letter #2 to Amy Dean of Crumpets and Tea

This is my open letter to Amy Dean, whose staff includes the people you see below--including one with  a vegan tattoo!

Dear Amy,

I was at the Legacy Film Festival this past Sunday and saw your lovely Tea and Crumpets room.  I was hoping that you now had a vegan tea--scones,crumpets, and other pastry free of dairy products and eggs, plant-based sandwiches, etc.  I was sorry to hear that you haven't yet succeeded in incorporating that into your tea service.  

I had hoped to treat a couple to tea at your place for their anniversary this month and/or for his birthday in October, but I don't want this to be a problem.

Can you tell me when you think you'll be ready to accommodate vegans?

As you may have heard, since I last wrote to you a couple of studies have pointed out how positive a step  a plant-based diet is for the environment.  You may also know that Berkeley Council, with this in mind, have passed a resolution that they will have only vegan dishes at their meetings and will have a meat-and-dairy-free day every week all government offices and will will encourage restaurants to offer more plant-based dishes while libraries and schools educate on this issue.

Many thanks if you've read this far.




Tina Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment