Saturday, November 28, 2020

A Wonderful Aunt Shares Her Residence's Vegan Fare

Here's the message a wonderful aunt (my son's, not mine) sent us:

I thought you would enjoy seeing what our Vegans enjoyed yesterday.  This sounds way better than turkey.  I wish I had known to order this instead!


-----Original Message-----
From: Sequoiassf [mailto:sequoiassf-bounces+j.beyer=sbcglobal.net@lists.sonic.net] On Behalf Of MARILYN KRIEGEL via Sequoiassf
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 11:12 AM
To: sequoias
Subject: [Sequoiassf] A Vegan Thanksgiving

An acorn Squash with its top removed and later replaced like a tilted beret, baked and filled with chanterelle�s, wild rice, nuts and cranberries. Totally fab!

And where did I have this gourmet dinner? Right here at The Sequoias. Congratulations to dining services for making a plant based Thanksgiving dinner something to be over-the-top grateful for, and my turkey eating friends to be jealous of.

Of course I responded appreciatively:


Thanks for passing this on.  That is part of what we had in Pleasant Hill--stuffed acorn squash and much more.  However, I don't think Kathy, who made the dish, created the beret effect.  Good idea!

I have been in restaurants--specifically the Food Shop in Larkspur--where they make a stunning dish for me that's not on the menu and the people around me ask, "What's that?" and wind up ordering it!  

I'm glad the Sequoias is doing a good job with healthy (for people, other animals, and the environment) choices, and I'm really glad that you had the chance to be in a bubble with a couple of others in the dining room.


No comments:

Post a Comment