Sunday, May 14, 2017

Foodies' Reviews of Things I Would Choose to Eat

The SF Chronicle's list of Best 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area came out while I was on my trip, but I got it in the vacation packet, which finally came.


I'm disappointed that not one vegan or vegetarian restaurant was named.

But as I was reading, I made note of dishes I could eat  in a write-up by paolo Lucchesi.

At the Bar Agricole there's a dish with watermelon radishes, creamy avocado, and kumquats in light citrus vinaigrette.

(I'm sorry to say that Al's Place, so plant-centered, managed to use the grease from foie gras for something called foieaffee/foi whip!)

dIn Situ--151 Third Street, there's a carmelized carrot soup with coconut (not foie gras) foam.

How about a vegtable pot pie at Corridor?

What's Gal Guppa Flight?  It's at August 1 Fiver.

While I'm here, I'll expand to mention a column/article Michael Bauer wrote about Cassava, on Balboa near  36th Avenue, where the got donations to stay in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment