Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A Fan Letter to the Owners of the Wishbone North Lincoln, Chicago

3300 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60657
Dear Guy, Joel, Greg, and Lia Nickson,
I got your names from an article by Kay Stepson, who writes a regular column on veggie cooking in the Chicago Tribune!
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-22/features/ct-dining-0322-wishbone-20120322_1_wishbone-chicken-omnivores 
This is a fan letter from a vegan.  I live in San Francisco, which I think of as being progressive, but I've never seen a non-vegan restaurant that was so accommodating to vegans here.  
When I was visiting my sister outside Chicago, her boyfriend, who's a meat-eater, chose the Wishbone because it was vegan friendly.
I was astonished to see that you had a hole menu for vegans and vegetarians.  
In the Bay Area, we vegans often find nothing at all vegan on the menu, which puts  servers at a disadvantage because they have to spend their valuable time trying to suggest something to both the diner and the cook.
I wish restaurant owners here and elsewhere would follow your example.  I'd be grateful if there were even one main vegan dish listed on every menu.
After returning to San Francisco, I wrote to the San Francisco Chronicle about you.  In spite of their having a number of articles on the importance of eating less meat, their restaurant critic ignores the issue.
So I have a question:  What prompted you to create a whole menu?  
I'd really like to know because I'd like other restaurants in other cities to do what you've done!
You can reach me through e-mail if that's convenient for you.
tina_martin@sbcglobal.net   
Many thanks!
Tina Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment