Friday, June 2, 2017

VegNews Inspires Me to Suggest (or Am I Pushing?) Vegan Restaurants in Oakland

Here's the letter I just wrote to family members:

Hi!

The latest issue of VegNews calls Oakland "The Brooklyn of San Francisco" and lists Oakland as one of the 10  most vegan-friendly cities.    (San Francisco is NOT on the list!)

I regret to say that the staff likes two restaurants that each of you did not the time you tried it.  Suzy, you didn't like Souley Vegan, and Kathy, you didn't like Millennium. 

Could it be that the dishes you tried were not the best ones for your taste? 

The reviewers at Souley Vegan liked the Sweet Potato Waffles, Seitan 'Shrimp" N Grits and bottomless mimosas.

They liked the Crusted King Trumpet Mushrooms and Pumpkin Tamales at Millennium.

I had two experiences with Millennium when it was in San Francisco.  The first time I didn't like it at all, and the second time I loved it.  Jonathan went there only once and loved it.

They mentioned Two Mammas' Vegan Kitchen, where you two took me for my retirement.  They did make a delicious chocolate cake--and even felt apologetic about it.  VegNews recommends the Chocolate Chip Belgian Waffles.

For you coffee-cravers, there's a coffee shop Timeless Coffee

I'm thinking of where to eat for your birthday, Kathy, and the only one they mention that you two haven't tried is Shangri-La Vegan. 

But of course, we don't have to go to a vegan spot.  It's YOUR birthday!  There must be lots of possibilities in this "Brooklyn of San Francisco"!

Love,

                Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment