Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Kevin Fisher-Paulson's Stereo-type of Vegans

I just got off this e-mail responding to my son's aunt and uncle, whom I like very much and will eat vegan with on December 18 while they eat meat.

Hi!  

As of now, I could make it any day except Monday, December 18.

Thanksgiving at your church sounds nice.  Suzy, Kathy, and I are going to the Millennium in Oakland, and I really like that place, where I've never seen tofu even though it may be in one of the dishes. 

But it's fun to make things beyond tofu, which I noticed in a newspaper column is what columnist Kevin Fisher-Paulson imagines Thanksgiving will be like at the home of his friend.  He writes, "As part of his midlife crisis, Mr. Sasb has turned vegan, and despite all my assurances that the turkey himself was a strict vegetarian, so certainly the meat would be vegan, it is likely that I will be pushing a hunk of tofu around my plate tomorrow."  That's such an old joke that a BINGO  board game doesn't even bother to incorporate it.

Kevin Fisher-Paulson is a gay father, and I imagine he's heard a lot of bad jokes about gays in his lifetime, maybe even one attributing "becoming gay"  to a midlife crisis.  

I'll attach the BINGO game because it's funny and a good summary of what we vegans get to hear!

Love and Happy Thanksgiving,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment