Monday, April 24, 2023

 Darlene Lam is one of the very effective activists I met at the Vegan Earth Day March this past Saturday, April 22.  I sent her an email this morning, shown here in part.


Hi, Darlene~

Could you advise me on something--something that might be another really good sign for the vegan cause?  There was an article in the New York Times in December last year that included a quiz on  what actions have a big impact on lowering our carbon footprint.  




What I'd like to do is provide the quiz on one side of a sign and the answers on the other and give the source. Some people think that we vegans are guilty of "junk science," so I think it would be helpful to cite a reputable newspaper.   I've taken picture of the page showing what people think, but it seems that the answers don't appear separately.  The article focuses on our misconception.  

(Photo I can't access here)


Do you have any suggestions about how we could use this as a sign?  Notice that only 6% of the people knew that eating a vegan diet had a large effect on reducing our carbon footprint!   

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment