Tuesday, May 2, 2023

 Two friends I love invited me to a concert and suggested that we have dinner together afterwards.

We hoped to go to La Mediterranee on Fillmore, where they have a complete vegan menu, but it was closed, so we wound up going to the Mediterranee on Noe, much less vegan-friendly.  Lots of Mediterranean dishes are free of meat and dairy, but I have humus, felafels, and other items like those in my refrigerator although these pictures show that their presentation was beautiful and colorful.



I was surprised that one of my friends ordered lamb moussaka, but I didn't refuse to pay for that dish.  I didn't say, “I’ll pay for everything except your lamb moussaka.  You can pay for that.  The animals and workers at factory farms have already paid, and of course they continue to pay as the environment also does.”

There are good people even among people who eat animals, just as there are good people among those who support Trump.  




No comments:

Post a Comment