Friday, July 28, 2017

A Submission to the San Francisco Chronicle

This is what I submitted to the SF Chronicle on Friday, July 28, 2017

Because I'm a very self-indulgent person who loves good food, I'm grateful that vegan dishes are more expansive and delicious than I once believed them to be.

We can do volunteer work alleviating the suffering of animals in factory farms and minimalizing destruction of the environment every time we have a vegan meal.

The Chronicle has published a number of good articles on this subject, and I'd like to suggest another:  A regular mention of vegan entrees in the review of restaurants.  (I don't mean a side dish or pasta with meat and dairy removed from it.)

 If the restaurant critic always asked, even if he (usually Michael Bauer) could only report "There was no vegan entree," that would inform the reader and maybe even encourage restaurants to be more creative and, in the process, kinder to all life on this planet.


Bio:


I am a retired CCSF instructor who taught and trained teachers on five continents and became a vegan when I realized that animals did not romp happily about all their lives until they landed on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment