Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Majita at the Embarcadero Should Offer a Real Vegan Option

Majita was no problem for the two friends who wanted a vegetarian entree, but when it was my turn to order, he spoke about "leaving out the cheese."

I wanted more than an entree that was leaving something out, but I accepted it anyway and then went to Delica to get some real vegan entrees--the kind of dishes that they put things IN instead of omitting what you're paying for.

I was startled when someone from Majita came to our table and told me he was sorry  but I wasn't permitted to bring outside food to their outside table.

I told him I was sorry too.  I was sorry that I was going to continue eating the outside food.

I never want to be belligerent,  I politely suggested that they offer vegan options so vegan clients don't have to bring outside food when they eat with friends.  I reminded him of the delicious butternut tamales they serve at Christmas time.  Why not throughout the year?

Later Javier treated to vegan pastries bought at Mariposa, and Mary treated to tea at the lovely tea place in the Ferry Building.  We discovered a real lunch menu and plan to return for lunch there in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment