Monday, July 10, 2017

Outreach at Stern Grove

I love walking into Stern Grove for the Sunday concerts both because it's beautiful and because sometimes the orchestra is rehearsing when I get there early.

But yesterday I liked meeting two volunteers from Vegan Outreach, SteveErlsten and a woman whose name I don't know.

I thought they were handing out programs, but I liked what they WERE handing out.

I thanked them and took the picture of them.  What I learned:

a 2016 Harris Poll showed that over 3 million Americans are vegan.  Millions more are vegetarian.
Yale Daily News reported on February 22, 2013 that "the number of college students who identify themselves as vegetarian has risen by 50 percent since 2005, and the number of vegan students has more than doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment