Friday, May 25, 2018

A Vegan's Letter to the Creators of a Royal Wedding-Watching Tea

Dear Staff,

I read Beth Spotswood's  charming write-up on your Royal Extravanza Tea this morning and felt disappointed that I'd missed your fun-filled event!  I've had tea with friends at St. Francis in the past, but I don't remember the name "Crown and Crumpet."  I have some catching up to do!

Recently a number of us tea-devotees have moved to a plant-based diet for the welfare of animals and the good of the environment.  There are also people with dietary restrictions so they can't eat dairy or eggs.

I'd like to know whether you offer almond milk and savory and sweet treats free of eggs, dairy, and meat.  I understand that you have a set menu, but it would be wonderful if one of your set menus was a vegan one.  

Looking forward to hearing!

Tina Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment