Friday, May 11, 2018

Don't Want to Get Even with KQED!

I really don't want revenge on KQED for their failure to learn and teach about how our diet affects animals and environment.  But I might "pay them back" simply through my incompetence.  I've just written to the friend who has coordinated the volunteer (almost) work we're doing this afternoon:


Hi, Kim!

I just looked at the video and will watch it again (and again and again?)!  Things have changed a lot since I last did this back in the 1980's or 1990's!  I'm so awful with forms, so the combination of forms and phones is unbeatable.  But I'll give both a try and hope I don't sabotage things too much!

As for outrage, I didn't and don't feel outrage about KQED's statement that "There is usually a vegetarian option."  I feel frustration that people--even people who work for what's called the education channel--aren't getting the message of how our diet affects both animal welfare and the environment.  They are as slow in learning and teaching about this as I am about filling out forms.  By now, they should know the difference between vegetarian and vegan or plant-based.  The United Nations has stated that we need to move towards a plant-based diet--so many organizations and individuals are aware of that-- but KQED doesn't even  provide non-dairy options!  

But again, as I say, it's not outrage I feel.  It's frustration!  I sometimes vent my frustration in letters to the editor, and I'm grateful that two of these letters have been printed in the SF Chronicle since September  even though the SF Chronicle itself fails to focus on more than car emissions.

I like you, and I'm sure I'll like the crew, and in no time at all this ordeal will be over!

Hugs,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment