Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Olive Garden Comes Through!

I have a friend who likes the Olive Garden, and she just alerted me to their "new vegan menu."

The last time we ate there was just a couple of months ago, when I'd found something on a vegan blog saying that Olive Garden had items that were vegan, but the server was totally unaware. 

This time the messages is directly from the Olive Garden!

https://www.olivegarden.com/nutrition/vegetarian-and-vegan-options

I've just written them this:

I'm very happy to see that you're offering vegan dishes, and your way of describing your willingness to meet the needs of vegans is very heartening.

You also clearly understand the difference between vegetarian and vegan. 

One suggestion:  Please understand that if vegans order something that is usually vegetarian--say, with cheese--there should be something like pine nuts substituted for the missing cheese.  Vegetables are wonderful, but nuts help out too in providing more protein, flavor, and "bite."

Do you have vegan desserts?  Nowadays, it's easy to get vegan ice cream at any supermarket, and cakes can be made (to my surprise!) without eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment