Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Vegan Shown to Be More for the Cube in Yunwent Tu's "In the Balance"

I always look through the Food Section in search of something vegan, but when I saw  Tara Duggan's "A design perspective on the table," I dismissed it without reading it.  

After getting a message from Glenda Hope, the president of OWL, I got it out of the recycling bin and read it.  It's very exciting.  I especially like the idea of the cubes to represent the carbon footprint of each food, showing how much more we can get from plants for the same "cube" of beef.  They had some kind of signage for this in Berlin at the COP 23 last fall, but I don't think they used cubes.

I asked Glenda whether OWL could take a field trip to see this at the California Academy of Sciences.  It's on exhibit at Perennial Restaurant, which Tara Duggans calls  the "environmentally focused restaurant," but they serve MEAT there!!!


https://www.sfchronicle.com/recipes/article/Woven-jerky-and-homemade-meat-as-the-food-design-13141693.php

No comments:

Post a Comment