Friday, January 18, 2019

Another Reason to Love the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition

The responsiveness of the FFAW today gave me another reason to love them.

I first contacted them to find out whether they had a contingent in tomorrow's Women's March and was a bit surprised that they didn't.  But I appreciated Katie Cantrell's taking the time to explain why they hadn't formed one, and she thought they might be able to give me some leaflets to distribute--something that didn't work out.

Then I told them about the need to reach out to KQED.  Monica Chen gave me another suggestion for Leesa Richer's donation drive:  Flying Falafel!

I gave them further CCSF contacts to reach the Culinary Arts and Hospitality Program--Keith Hammerich and Trinh Tran, who (I just found out) teaches nutrition in the Culinary Arts program.
I think Kiely Smith, (who is now the Bay Area Director of the FFAC, taking the place of Monica Chen, who's now the National Program Director) will be contacting her.  She's already sent out a letter to all the CCSF instructors, offering a presentation.  I hope Trinh Tran will accept the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment