Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Wholesome Bakery Makes Delicious Things, Vegan and Gluten Free

 The name "Wholesome"  may be off-putting for people who are more conscious of taste than health, but Wholesome Bakery offers treats that are  vegan and gluten free AND pleasing to the palate.

I just wrote a sort of fan letter to the person who runs the bakery, located in San Francisco on 18th Street between Mission and Capp.

Dear Anna,

Last Saturday, I arrived early at Wholesome Bakery to get something (other than bûche de noel) for my French group meeting on Sunday, and even though you hadn't yet arrived, the very nice people who run the Alite Outpost were there--Mere (?) and John--and she showed me what they had from the previous day, so I bought the almond cakes and cookies, which were a big success the following day!  The gluten-intolerant member of our group was grateful, and our host mentioned that when he sent out a message of thanks after our gathering.

I'm attaching a photo for you to see the display. 

I'd like to become a regular customer of yours!  We take turns bringing the amuse-gueules, so most Saturdays I'd just need to pick up a small portion of something vegan that's also gluten-free.  But when it's my turn, I'll order the whole almond cake and more.

A feast called The Three Kings, which is celebrated in both the Latino and French communities, is coming January 6, so if my group  gets together for that, I think we could use a whole almond cake for the galette   des rois.     Have you considered offering that the way other bakeries around the city do?  Yours would be so special for vegans and people who are gluten-intolerant!  The one made in the Mission District is very different from the French one, and even though I love some of the Mexican baked goods, in the case of this cake, I much prefer the French version, which is a lot like your almond cake!


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment