Thursday, February 27, 2020

An Open Letter to Heather Knight


Tina Martin <tina_martin@sbcglobal.net>
To:Heather Knight
Thu, Feb 27 at 12:31 AM
Dear Heather,

A friend and I are going to see "Bullitt" tonight and hoping it will be as much fun as "Sister Act" was.  But I'm wondering whether I'm missing information.  I saw the big Culture Desk section on "Bullitt,"  but I missed the meet-up with Gordon Harvey, who sounds like my kind of man--even vegan!

On the subject of vegan, it did startle me that your big meet-up place on the otherwise environment-friendly 49-Mile Anything-But-Drive Route was a burger place.  The Chronicle is often reporting on climate change, and yet the Food and Wine Section and even the 49-Mile Route is meat-heavy, indicating climate change denial.  (I won't even mention the suffering of the animals in factory farms, including the human animals who work in them.)

So I guess I have  two questions.  How can I find out about meet-ups like that with Gordon Harvey, and why don't the otherwise wonderful Chronicle writers promote a plant-based diet?

(I enjoyed your podcast with Gordon Harvey, but I didn't detect a Southern accent.)

Thank you!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment