Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Pizza--Vegetarian vs. Vegan

I went to a brain-storming meeting at CCSF this afternoon--to see how we can support the under-staffed African-American Studies Program.  It was very stimulating (although I left my notebook behind so I can't give all the details of just how stimulating).  Someone thoughtful, Yvonne, ordered food for us--a salad and two pizzas, both vegetarian.

Vegan is where vegetarian was 20 years ago.  We keep hearing "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good," and I agree, but I still wish there could have been two vegan pizzas, as there were at the dinner last year of the Women's Environmental Network.  That's when the son of our Mothers Out Front asked, "How many vegans are there, anyway?  Just two?"

I said, "These pizzas aren't for the vegans.  They're for animal welfare and the environment."

That's the message I wish I could get across. 

I didn't even try.

But when I got home, there was a package waiting for me--the chocolates Libby made!


No comments:

Post a Comment