Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Lobbying in Sacramento for SB 100--and a Plant-Based Diet


Today Kathie Piccagli and I joined Mothers Out Front in Sacramento for a day of lobbying for SB 100, 100% clean energy in California by 2045. I was impressed by the knowledge not only of our team leaders but by the people on the teams. We were also re-united with other members of Mothers Out Front and their children, and I met Amanda Senior and Lisa Wong, two kindred spirits. Can you guess what the V stands for? Eric Lipsitt got us there and back in his all-electric Bolt.

I'd made some signs to take to Sacramento to remind people that our diet affects climate, too, but I wasn't allowed to take the signs into the building because of the sticks.  Before breaking off the sticks, I asked a passer-by to take a picture, and she kindly obliged.

After lunch I met two other vegans--Lisa and Amanda--who are also members of Mothers Out Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment