Sunday, December 2, 2018

Chouquet's Came Through with the Best Thing on the Table!


I had misgivings about going to a French restaurant whose menu didn't show any accommodations for diners who want to support a plant-based diet for animal welfare and the Good of the environment.  I called ahead of time, and the person I spoke to didn't seem to believe there was any way to accommodate vegans but said she'd look into it.

I looked up an explanation in French for how restaurants can benefit by offering vegan entrees even if they serve  meat eaters too, and I found a good one. 

https://malou.io/decryptage-pourquoi-tendance-vegan-profitable-restaurant-omnivore/

But I forgot I had it when they were, after all, quite accommodating.

What they came up with was colorful and delicious. 

Then the SF Bach Choir sang it's annual revision of the Boar's Head: 

          Advice for the modern host:
          You need not kill the thing you roast.
          In faith whereof I propose this toast:
          Ally ally al-ly oxen free!



No comments:

Post a Comment