Saturday, December 1, 2018

COP 24 Needs to Promote a Plant-Based Diet

Dear Staff of COP24,

I just got a news release on the various measures that COP24 will take to keep their carbon footprint as small as possible and to sent an example, making COP 24 sustainable.

Please remember food!  It's very important to educate on the importance of moving to a plant-based diet.

Last year at COP 23, I heard that more than 60% of the food choices were meatless.  I hope that this year they can also be free of animal products altogether with no more than 40% containing dairy, eggs, or meat.  

I also heard that at the COP23 in Germany, the carbon footprint was put on each food item made available.  I've never seen those pictures, but I'd like to.  Could you make them available?  Can you use them again?

Lots of good wishes,

Tina Martin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment