Wednesday, December 5, 2018

WOW! FFAC Really Gets Things Done!

I mentioned the gala FFAC, Factory Farming Awareness Coalition, had last Sunday.  Today I got a chain of responses from the people working for the FFAC.  I'm impressed!

Oh, this is a wonderful response!  I'm really going to make every effort to make an additional donation before the end of the year because you are clearly using funds very productively!

Here are a couple of the e-mail addresses for people who would benefit from hearing from you:

Anya Deepak, who's with both SF Department of the Environment and WEN, Women's Environmental Network:

lavanya.deepak@sfgov.org

Maia Piccagli, head of the San Francisco chapter of Mothers Out Front.

maiapic@gmail.com


Joyce Ganthavorn, who's WEN's secretary:  wenbayarea@gmail.com


Will there be a report after the presentation at the SF Department of the Environment?

Thank you all so much!  You're my heroes!

Tina

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 4:06:13 PM PST, Monica Chen <monica@ffacoalition.org> wrote:


Hi Tina,

Thanks for your email.  I will be presenting with one of my interns at the SF Department of the Environment this month!  Hopefully we can schedule more presentations with them specifically about Green Monday.  Additionally if you have the email addresses of anybody I should be in contact with at WEN (or any other organization), please do introduce us.

Thank you so much!

Warmly,
Monica



On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM Amy Laff <amy@ffacoalition.org> wrote:
Hi Tina,

Yes! We have begun speaking to the SF Board of Supervisors!
I’ll connect you with others on out SF Green Monday team. I’ll  be sending you a Green Monday Packet within the hour.

Welcome to the SF Green Monday Citizen Lobbyists team! 

Respectfully,
Amy

Amy Halpern-Laff
Director, Strategic Partnerships
Factory Farming Awareness Coalition 
(480) 215-2710 m


On Dec 5, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Rachel Shippee <rachel@ffacoalition.org> wrote:
Hi Tina,

Thank you for your message. I am grateful to have your monthly support and I appreciate you thinking of us for an additional EOY donation. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed the gala. I apologize for the dessert situation. We will do a better job of securing them next year! 

I CC'd Amy Halpern-Laff, our Director of Strategic Partnerships, on this email. She worked directly with the Berkeley City Council on the Green Monday initiative and will be able to answer your questions. 

I also CC'd Monica Chen, Our Bay Area Director and Intern Program Coordinator, so she can work with you to set up presentations with the groups you mentioned. 

All the best,
Rachel 


On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:55 AM Tina Martin <tina_martin@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Dear FFAC,

I am giving monthly to FFAC, and at this time I can't increase my monthly amount, but as soon as I can, I will.  I may be able to make an additional end-of-the-year donation.

I really enjoyed the gala this past Sunday.  The food was delicious (even though the dessert disappeared before it was served), and I was so impressed by the interns and all they're doing under the leadership of Katie Cantrell and Monica Chen and others.  I was really excited to meet and hear Kate Harrison, and I'd like to take whatever action I can to get the SF Board of Supervisors to be pro-active like the Berkeley Council.

Do you have any suggestions?  I have some contact with WEN, the Women's Environmental Network, and the SF Department of the Environment.


Thanks for all you're doing.

Tina Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment