Thursday, April 30, 2020

Crown and Crumpet Still Doesn't Offer Vegan

I'm sorry to bring this up at a time when restaurants, cafes, and of course tea houses are already suffering economically because of our shelter-in-place and social distancing, but the Earth is suffering, too, so this was my exchange with someone at Crown and Crumpet, who let me know that they are not able to do vegan Mother's Day Tea but can do vegetarian "if that works for you."

I responded.

Thank you for letting me know, Chris.  I appreciate our response.  I also want yo to know how relatively simple it could be to add vegan. There are so many delicious pastries without eggs and dairy now, and here are good plant-based spreads.  I hope Crown & Crumpet will do what Samovar and some other tea salons have done.  It's an adventure, and it's kind to animals and the environment.

Of course, that makes me sound as if I consider us vegans more ethical that other people, and I don't.  I consider that our choices of what we eat are more ethical, but that's just one thing. 

Dear Tina, I am so sorry but we are not able to do vegan Mother's Day Tea. We can do vegetarian if that works for you. Thanks for your inquiry. Chris at Crown & Crumpet
a few seconds ago
Thank you for letting me know, Chris. I apDearpreciate your response. I also want you to know how relatively simple it could be to add vegan. There are so many delicious pastries without eggs and dairy now, and there are good plant-based spreads. I hope Crown & Crumpet will do what Samovar and some other tea salons have done. It's an adventure, and it's kind to animals and the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment