Friday, April 17, 2020

Impossible Burgers at Safeway, Chronicle reports, where vegan shelves are bare

The Impossible Burger is supposed to be at Safeway stores today, according to an article by Janelle Bitker in today's SF Chronicle.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/Impossible-Burger-comes-to-Bay-Area-grocery-15205534.php

I'm glad to hear that even though I usually avoid imitation meat.    I was at Safeway before it opened today, but I think we "seniors" waiting in line before 6:00 am are doing ourselves a disservice because a lot of shelves aren't stocked that early.  Of course, I was particularly interested in the vegan sections, which have been bare since mid-March as far as I can remember.  At least they've been out of the only faux meat I like, the sage and apple "sausage."  It seems that tofu is in plentiful supply, but nothing else.  I assume the lettuce will come in after the seniors leave although I have heard some sad reports on the produce that's going to waste in the fields.

https://calmatters.org/california-divide/2020/04/california-farmers-coronavirus-food-supply-food-bank/




No comments:

Post a Comment