Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Kevin Fisher-Paulson, I Columnist I love, Has Let Us Down!


There was still more "beef" in the SF Chronicle today.  I'm not blaming the messenger--although I was annoyed with Kevin Fisher-Paulson, a columnist I like a lot, when he reported what happened to his Lenten vow not to eat red meat.  At the time he reported his Lenten vow, here's what he said: 

{W}hen it came to Ash Wednesday, with everything going on I went with my default of no meat. You know the drill: smaller carbon footprint, balancing out the chi, hanging with the enlightened 6%. Did you know that on average vegetarians outlive their carnivore counterparts by about six years?

 But today?  Another piece of news was of Trump's eecutive order to classify meat processing a critical industry.  

Remember when I wrote I’d given up red meat for Lent this year? For Easter, our fairy godsister sent us a lamb roast, stew meat, chuck roast, steak, pork chop, rump roast, meatballs, sirloin tip, hot dogs and even knockwurst. A carnivore’s tour of San Francisco. So, I tossed a random slab of tenderloin into the oven...

Another piece of news was of Trump's executive order to classify meat processing a critical industry.  The full report goes like this:  (If the paragraph doesn't appear right here, please look for an attachment.)

Inline image

No comments:

Post a Comment