Sunday, August 14, 2016

America's Olympic Weight-Lifter Is Vegan!

Javier called me over to the television broadcast of the Olympics when they were interviewing a vegan body-builder.

I am so grateful to people who help dispel myths!

This write-up explains how and why Kendrick Farris of Louisiana became a vegan in 2014.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/articles/why-americas-best-olympic-weightlifter-is-vegan-w434203

He says that after finding out he had bloodlines with ancient Israel, he decided to eat what his ancestors might have eaten, and then cut out meat altogether, saying, "I don't agree with the way the animals are mass-slaughtered."

(My objection, of course, is that I don't like the way they're tortured every moment of their lives  before they're slaughtered.)

It's interesting that he mentioned Israel because that's something else Javier brought to my attention:  The most vegan country in the world is Israel!

That is worthy of another blog!

But before leaving Kendrick Farris, the only male member from Team USA  who qualified for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, I want to mention again that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the only one who spoke up at the COP21 in Paris last November to say that we should all eat less meat for the good of the environment.

Now I see a report that he's turning vegan!

http://www.attn.com/stories/9418/arnold-schwarzenegger-becomes-vegan


No comments:

Post a Comment