Monday, August 22, 2016

Response to a Vegan Caminista from an Agent for the Camino

When I explained what "vegan"  to the agent arranging our lodging on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, I wondered whether she would be annoyed and write back while making it clear she was crossing her eyes.  Instead, I got a very nice response:

Ok. Yes I know this is an important movement.
I will read the article later, thank you.  (Note from me, Tina:  I sent her the article by Kathy Freston urging restaurants to offer more vegan entrees.)

I don’t know if all the hotels in Spain are conscious of the precision of “Vegan”, but what I know is that they prepare vegetarian meals but we’ll re-precise you  are Vegan which means you don’t eat any animal food, eggs and cheese.

Also in France we have this movement even if here the meals are really cultural and we still find local organic food easily and good products from the farms.


I have also been changing my food for a couple of years and rarely eat meat, but as I live in a small fishing port, I still eat sometimes the fish coming from the local fishing boats. 

She ended this part of her e-letter with a smile emoji.  Image result for smile emoji

No comments:

Post a Comment