Friday, August 12, 2016

Poggio in Sausalito Doesn't Welcome Vegans

The server at Poggio in Sausalito became increasingly charming during our lunch today.

At first her response to my question about what a vegan could eat sounded less than accommodating.  I explained that I was vegan and that it seemed that the only pasta dish I could eat was Torchietti--"sweet yellow corn, leeks, chanterelle mushrooms, truffle, and arugula.

But she said that all the pastas were made with eggs except for the Bucatini, and I noticed tht Bucatini says "Carbonara guanciale, egg, black epper, pecorino toscano.  Egg?



She said she could give me the Bucatini with added vegetables and they could use olive oil instead of butter.    So I ordered that.

I thought it was tasty if not outstanding, but I also thought the olive oil seemed surprisingly buttery.  Who could miss butter?





Then the bill came.  

What is this large pasta butter?
I'm going to have to write to Poggio and hope that they can some day start to catch up with Turin, Italy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3702045/Salami-sliced-Turin-set-Italy-s-vegetarian-city-new-mayor-s-plans.html

No comments:

Post a Comment