Tuesday, August 16, 2016

An Open Letter to Poggio, a Question and a Plea

Dear Poggio Management and  Staff,

When I was a vegetarian, I enjoyed eating at Poggio, and my friends and I often chose it for our birthday lunches.

But now I, like many other people concerned about  animal suffering and the effect of animal products on the environment,  have become a vegan.

When I ate at Poggio with a group of friends last Friday, I explained to the server that I was vegan, and she seemed to understand the concept.

She told me that all but one of the pasta dishes contain eggs, so I chose the one that did not, the Bucatini, and instead of the egg and other things described on your menu, some vegetables were substituted.
Later when I got the tab, I saw LG PASTA  BUTTER.


I had commented that the olive oil tasted like butter, but I trusted that no animal products would be  used.

Could you explain this?  

Also, would you consider adding a dish that is truly  vegan?  As you may know, the mayor of Turin , Italy, has taking a public stand to encourage a diet that is lower in animal products, so even Italians are getting the message and moving forward.

Nuts can be added to a pasta dish too, to provide additional protein. There are wonderful recipes online, including on NO MEAT ATHLETE:

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/favorite-pastas/

I'd like to see an otherwise lovely restaurant like Poggio be more vegan-friendly..  You'd be doing a kindness for animals and  the environment as well as to your clients.

Sincerely,

Tina Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment