Thursday, August 18, 2016

VegNews, The Food Issue Is New to Me!

Last night Javier and I saw Mission Blue about Sylvia Earle, the famous marine biologist who does not eat fish.  We decided against the Cliff House, with a menu heavy on fish, and in favor of Greens.

On our way to the car, I saw yesterday's mail, which included VegNews, the Food Issue, a bonus of my having joined the San Francisco Veg Society.

Javier kindly drove to Fort Mason while I looked at the last three pages.


"Vegan Egg Is Here."  I would so welcome something that made a good tortilla de patatas!  I've tried garbanzo beans and tofu.


"Dear Starbucks" is a full-page plea for a vegan version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte complete with an explanation of how Starbucks can make one AND this fascinating info.  (Gotta check it out!  Was it peer-reviewed?)


Nearly half the nation now drinks plant-based milk and dairy sales dropped $18 billion last year.


"A Day in the life with Jay Astafa" follows him through a day doing what has made him a two-time winner of the Vegan Iron Chef competition.

And I didn't even know there was a Vegan Iron Chef competition!

He runs a vegan restaurant on Long Island.  I wonder whether Jonathan and I could get there in late September.  Maybe we should concentrate on Manhattan.

But isn't it wonderful to have so many possibilities!  There are some was that the world is changing for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment