Friday, August 12, 2016

Look! No Eggs! A Very Kind Friend Makes the Adjustment for Veganista Me

I was very touched yesterday by the friend I thought did not understand my New Veganism and would present me with a non-vegan cake and be hurt and disappointed that I wouldn't eat it.

But this lovely friend made the adjustment, and when she served me the samsas filled with butternut squash, she showed me the wrapping, which she'd saved, to let me see for myself that it contained no eggs.

I was also relieved that they enjoyed the vegan cake they asked me not to bring.  I don't usually impose in THAT way, but I wanted to offer them something good that was vegan, and they didn't seem upset by my bringing it against their protestations.

We had such a lovely tea!  And isn't it wonderful that tea itself is vegan.




No comments:

Post a Comment