Monday, November 7, 2016

Danza de Fogones and B13: Vegan Restaurant in Madrid

Today I found a message from Danza de Fogones, which I subscribe to, on B13, the vegan restaurant Annie and I went to our last night in Madrid, September 23, 2016, and had the incredible eggless tortilla de patatas that I've been trying to make ever since!

B-13 is on the Calle de Ballesta, just "behind" la Gran Via and a few doors down from where I stayed for two weeks, when I returned to Madrid in 1976 for a review course in Spanish (after living in Algeria for two years immersed in French).  

When people hear that I made pilgrimages to vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Basque country, Galicia, Madrid, Paris, and New York, they often ask me which was the best, and I say B-13 in Madrid and My Chloe in NYC.  

I also tell them about all the young people choosing to eat in vegan restaurants.  Here's the scene at B-13, also showing Annie looking on.



I was looking at the comments made about this restaurant and found this posted on October 6:  

Tina dice:  Una amiga francesa y yo (de San Francisco, California) comimos en B13 en septiembre, y no podíamos creer la tortilla de patatas.  Fue riquísima!  Quiero tratar de hacerla.  pueden avisarme?  Se que se usa algo de garbanzo--farina?  Aquafaba?  Cebollas, ajo, patatas--pero no huevos!

That's me!  (I should have written harina instead of farina; farine is the French word for flour.)  I had a response from Iosune, who co-writes Danza de Fogones.


No comments:

Post a Comment