Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pictures that Help or Hurt the Vegan Cause

On my birthday I got vegetable cards both from a friend and from my meque (mejor que un esposo/better than a husband).



It makes me happy that vegans are getting attention, but I think some graphics are likelier than others to win over people (would-be vegans and those intolerant of vegans).

When I look at almost any page of VegNews, I think "delectable!"  A vegan does not have to be a martyr.

But I wonder about this graphic for Veg News.  (See below.)  A cactus?  Even a raw and prickly cactus?  We should be planting succulents, yes, but should they be the mainstay of our diet?

I see that Veggie World is had its first fair in April of 2016, so it's new.  I hope its next brochure will have a different graphic!

No comments:

Post a Comment