Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I'm Not Allergic to Animal Products; I'm Allergic to Animal Suffering and the Destruction of Our Land and Oceans!

Yesterday friends from one of my birthday groups treated me to lunch at a Thai Restaurant in Sausalito.  One of them suggested that I could just take the shrimp out of my serving of papaya salad.
 
I love these people, but they certainly don't seem clear on the concept.

I'm not allergic to animal products.  I'm allergic to animal suffering and the destruction of our lands and oceans.

I see that a "novice" vegetarian asked whether s/he could eat tuna.  S/He was advised to stay away from it with this additional comment, "Many other animals are killed during the capture of tuna and the fish themselves are tortured during capture and killing."

No comments:

Post a Comment