Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Does Oprah Winfrey's 2016 list of Oprah's Favorite Things Include Vegan Items?

Oprah had a 2011 show with Kathy Freston, the author of Veganist, shown here:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/kathy-freston-on-being-a-veganist-video

She also had her 378 staff members go on a vegan diet for a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCw-GMyhJEo

So....I'm wondering:  Does her 2016 list of Oprah's Favorite Things include vegan items?

I've sent this message to find out:

'contactus@oprahweekend.com'
Today I ate a the FarmShop, whose vegan cookies have been put on the 2016 list of "Oprah's Favorite Things," and I'm wondering whether there are vegan cookies among them.  There was no vegan dessert at this restaurant, which my friends and I like a lot but want to encourage to have at least one vegan entree and vegan dessert on its printed menus. 


I know Oprah Winfrey did a show with Kathy Freston, the author of Veganist, and even though I don't think Oprah Winfrey herself is a vegan, I think it would be wonderful for her to encourage the vegan movement, which is to alleviate animal suffering and be kinder to our land and oceans.

I was a vegan pilgrim on the last 110 miles of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in September and extended my vegan pilgrimage to Madrid, Paris, and NYC with very exciting and satisfying results.  I even made a vegan pilgrim's passport, using a photo of a dish or restaurant in place of the traditional stamps.  Please see the two photos:
I'm really excited about this movement, which I think is really gaining momentum.




                Tina Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment